Saturday, March 15, 2008

Why Awakenings - 15 March 2008

Welcome to Awakenings. This is my first blog ever. It is far from my first effort at writing. Most of the time this blog will be on Biblical themes. The name of this blog comes from I Corinthians 15:34 - Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

The goal of these writings is to engage my readers in dialogue that will mutually encourage us to know God in a real way by spending time in His Word and at His throne in prayer. For instance, do you know:

  • the Bible is the Word of God our living Lord Jesus Christ and much more than a mere book of words? - Hebrews 4:12, Revelation 19:13
  • the time you spend in prayer is only effectual if spent in righteousness and in heaven? - Romans 11:36 - 12:2, James 5:16
  • the state you will be found in when Jesus returns? - Ephesians 5:25-27, Luke 18:8

These are the kinds of questions and answers I write about, pray about, and spend time with other Christians talking and encouraging one another about. It is my calling and passion (I didn't realize the latter until an unbeliever of all people told me that!).

Take a few moments to read through my website while you're here. Tell me what you'd like to see, what you'd change, and what you'd like to know more about. These are the things that will help me to be a better writer and a better servant in God's kingdom.

No comments: