Thursday, January 29, 2009

Incorruptible

I never thought I would see this day. I can see (at least in my left eye) without glasses. They've been a part of my face since fourth grade. I always thought I would have to wait until heaven to get new eyes. I really looked forward to it. The eyes are not such a big deal. But the whole thing of being raised incorruptible just really brings tears to my eyes. Tears of hopeful, faithful, loving joy. One day Jesus will raise me from the dead (if He doesn't come first) and give me a new body, whole, complete, sinless, incorruptible. Here's how I know:

"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Corinthians 15:51-57)

This is part of the Gospel that starts chapter 15. It is the Good News. Well my news is much less than that. But I have one new eye (still corruptible but without need of glasses) because I had cataracts surgery this morning. Obviously it went quite well as I can see to write this blog tonight. It feels very strange to see without glasses in that eye. I can almost imagine that great first day of the resurrection.

Do you know what I will want to see first? You betcha! Jesus my LORD.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Praise the Lord that your surgery went well.

Also, thank you for reminding me that we will one day be raised with 'perfect' bodies. This is such an encouragement when we start to feel that this body is showing signs of growing old or susceptibility towards illness.

Bless you brother.

W McCallum