Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Direction

One of my lifelong passions is all things related to King Ludwig II of Bavaria, especially his castles (Neuschwanstein for example). Many times I have attempted to write an historical fiction novel on his life, mysterious death in 1886, and his unfinished castle Falkenstein. The attempts have dragged on for over ten years. Now I will write that novel.

It is a huge diversion from my usual non-fiction writing on this blog as well as books. Oh well, it shall be done. Donald Maass and his book "The Fire in Fiction" are my inspirations. I won't tell you who my inspirations are for my characters. That's part of the fun.

So I may post the occasional blog here for its intended subject. But excuse me as my focus will be elsewhere for a time. At the same time I intend to edit and edit and edit some more my manuscripts upon which this blog is based. When complete, I will submit them to agents. That's a lesson learned from Mr. Maass. It's all about the story. Make it the best it can be.

Our God is a consuming fire.

No comments: