Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Angels and Demons

For all my Christian life I shall remember my salvation. I shall remember (for purposes of this post discussion) the two men whom God used to deliver to me the gospel of Jesus Christ by which I was saved. Reggie Parker and Jeff Lovin were roommates just down the hall from me in our college dorm. The one thing I remember vividly about those two was their consistency. They were always bold in their witness and bold in speaking the name of Jesus. No matter what. Every action, every word, every circumstance always brought them back to the bold proclamation of the gospel and name of Jesus.

Over the years I have tried to look them up. Google. Facebook. Campus Crusade for Christ. Not a hit. They don't exist. I figure God wants it that way. No glory or praise or even thanks to the servants. Or perhaps they were angels and that's why I can't find them.

Many of my posts of late deal with worship. Here's what happened this morning as God has been prompting me to worship Him and be bold in my proclamation of the gospel and His name.

It started with resistance. No particular, discernable reason. I just did not want to bow down. That was enough for the Holy Spirit to convict me of ommission. No surprise that God was speaking about that very thing during an Adrian Rogers sermon on the radio that morning. "The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak."

The Spirit cried out, "Worship me!" I went into my office, closed the door, and got down on my knees. "No!", He cried. "Prostrate."

"Oh what is the difference," I wondered. He would not give in. "Prostrate." I could feel the flesh resist but my mind desire to obey. Then it hit me - hard. Humble thyself. Humble thy SELF. I went flat. And God poured in His Holy Spirit and out He flowed in audible worship - "...every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Is there a difference? Yes, if God says so.

And just before I arose, having offered myself in reasonable service on His altar, He let me know His will for that moment. "Write this down and then create a prayer list of saints I lay on your heart. Pray for them according to I Corinthians 15:34 and Ephesians 5:25-27. Then also add those whom I desire to save according to my grace and gospel."

So there you have it.

No comments: