Monday, August 16, 2010

Japan or Philly. Which do I Prefer?

I should have been in Japan right now. But instead, I attended the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writer's Conference. Japan was the plan before I lost my job. God had another plan. Her name is Marlene Bagnull, the founder and director of that conference.

You see, God really does talk to people these days. I mean He honest to goodness says personal things, stuff you don't find in the Bible. Last week Marlene e-mailed me and asked if I would attend the conference. I told her my story. She wrote back and said, "I am so glad Father nudged me to write to you." She didn't have to ask twice. I heard God's voice too and off I went.

Unlike the Colorado Christian Writer's Conference I attended back in May, this time I had no plan. I did not know why God wanted me to go. I never asked Him since I never intended to go up until one day before the start. God did not wait to tell me exactly why He wanted me there.

Wednesday night found Marlene up front before a small early-bird crowd of attendees. Her first words were something like this, "The Church is asleep. The problem is sin. Father has us here to write His answer to wake up the Church and bring Him the glory." You my readers know that this is my call. God had my full attention. Over the next three days He told me exactly what He wanted of me.

From the May conference He wanted me to finish up the Christian Mythology manuscript. Now He wants me full time. This has to be a commitment. The stakes are too high.

Jim Watkins, one of teachers, challenged us to summarize our manuscript in just three words. My manuscript is over 50,000 words. How was I supposed to boil it down to three and why? He explained. Make every sentence, paragraph, and chapter focus on those three words. Drive the message home. My message - God seeketh such. That's from John 4:23.

Did you know that God actively seeks His children to worship Him? I fear in these last days it is almost out of desperation (dare I say). There is so little worship of our holy Father that He has to go out looking for it. I know He had to work very hard to find me. A Christian for thirty years now, I have only been awake in the last five, and just in the last year did He find me finally where He wanted me to be - humble, holy, worship. Nothing has been the same since.

From worship pours the filling of the Holy Spirit, my "One" relationship to God, the fullness of Jesus'joy, the complete knowledge of His will, effectual and fervent unceasing prayer. These are the results of worship in spirit and truth.

One night at the conference dinner table I sat alone since I came a bit early. I prayed for some folks to sit with me whom God was seeking such. Two men and two ladies sat. For the next forty minutes we fellowshipped around the truth of Father's Word on worship and communion. The holiness around that table was beautiful. I know some of those who heard will bring much fruit and even abundant glory to God.

Out of worship God will provide for me to go full time into this ministry. As I look back, I can see that His preparation was perfect. I have over 100 blog entries which I can rewrite into article submissions. I have three book manuscripts going to four editors and agents very soon. I have the prayers of the saints like Marlene encouraging me on. I have the perfect will of God to faithfully follow.

Sayonara Japan. Amen Lord Jesus. Come quickly!

No comments: